Lana Del Rey : Video Games (Later with Jools - Live Broadcast) HQ

[postlink]http://sexgirlgaga.blogspot.com/2012/07/lana-del-rey-video-games-later-with.html[/postlink]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPb6O52_rYUendofvid[starttext] American singer songwriter Lana Del Rey with her first live performance on UK television. This was a live broadcast and she is a litlle nervous here as you would expect Thanks for the many interesting comments :) Born Elizabeth Grant (June 21, 1986) now better known by her stage name Lana Del Ray. Her stage name is a combination of the late old Hollywood actress Lana Turner and the Ford Del Rey Lana's song "Video Games" was named "Best New Track" by Pitchfork Tickets for Grant's show in London sold out in half an hour She wrote the song with songwriter Justin Parker after he played her the piano chords that would become its backbone. The song is about a relationship, in which she expresses her frustration at making all the running. She explained to Complex Magazine: "When you're an introvert like me and you've been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It's a real release." Del Ray's lyrics were inspired by two broken relationships in her past. "The verse was about the way things were with one person, and the chorus was the way that I wished things had really been with another person, who I thought about for a long time," she told Socialstereotype.com, breaking into an acapella of the song. "'Swinging in the backyard, pull up in your fast car, whistling my name'. That was what happened, you know? He'd come home and I'd see him. But then the chorus, 'Heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do' wasn't like that. That was the way that I wished it was -- the melody sounds so compelling and heavenly because I wanted it to be that way. The verse is more matter-of-fact because that's how it was. It's a mix of memories and the way I wished it could have been. Just because things happened a certain way doesn't mean that that's the way that they are. It really is what you choose to think about. Bad things happen every day but you're not going to be any happier thinking about them. So I don't think about them. I don't have that luxury any more. Some people say that 'Video Games' stops them in their tracks; it's that kind of song. It's just really sad." Video Games (Elizabeth Grant, Justin Parker.) Swingin in the back yard Pull up in your fast car Whistlin my name Open up a beer and Say get over here And play a video game I'm in his favorite sun dress Watchin me get undressed Take my body down town I say 'You da bestest' Lean in for a big kiss Put his favorite perfume on Go play a video game It's you, it's you, it's all for you Everything I do Tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth with you Tell me all the things you wanna do I heard that you like the bad girls Honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew They say that the world was built for two Only worth living If somebody is loving you Baby now you do Singing in the old bar Swinging with the old stars Living for the fame Kissing in the blue dark Playing pool and wild darts Video games He holds me in his big arms He's drunk and I am seein' stars This is all I think of [ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/l/lana-del-ray-lyrics/video-games-lyrics.html ] Watchin all our friends fall Leanin out of old cars This is my idea of fun Playing video games It's you, it's you, it's all for you Everything I do Tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth with you Tell me all the things you wanna do I heard that you like the bad girls Honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew They say that the world was built for two Only worth living If somebody is loving you Baby now you do (Now you do) It's you, it's you, it's all for you Everything I do Tell you all the time Heaven is a place on earth wit' you Tell me all the things you wanna do do I heard that you like the bad girls Honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew They say that the world was built for two Only worth living If somebody is loving you Maybe now you do Maybe now you do (Now you do) [endtext]

0 评论:

发表评论